«ALPREP-Gel Magnetic» Purification kit
«ALPREP-Gel Magnetic» Purification kit is designed for agarose gel DNA extraction by magnetic sorption. Suitable for working with agarose gels based on TAE (Tris/Acetate/EDTA) and TBE (Tris/Borate/EDTA) buffer solutions. The kit contains no hazardous volatile chemicals, such as chloroform, benzene, phenol, etc.
The purified DNA is suitable for subsequent use in PCR, real-time PCR, restriction, ligation, sample preparation for Sanger and NGS sequencing, and other genetic engineering applications.
The kit is intended for research purposes.
PDF for download
- DNA size: 70–10000 bp.
- DNA extraction from all types of agarose.
- Agarose concentration in the gel up to 3%.
- DNA fragments release after purification – from 80%.
- No isopropanol/ethanol DNA reprecipitation and chloroform-phenol extraction stages.
- Extraction and purification time – 35 minutes.
«ALPREP-Gel Magnetic» Purification kit is based on a method of the nucleic acid molecules reversible binding on the surface of magnetic sorbent particles.
The gel sample is treated with denaturing buffer followed by magnetic sorbent particles addition. As a result, the agarose gel is degraded and nucleic acids are released. Dissolved DNA binds to the sorbent particles, while other gel components remain in solution and are removed by sorbent precipitation on a magnetic stand followed by sorbent washes. When the elution buffer is added to the magnetic sorbent, the DNA is eluted into the solution. This procedure results in a highly purified inhibitor-free DNA preparation.
«ALPREP-Gel Magnetic» Purification kit (c.n. PG-048M-50, 50 samples):
- Melt buffer – 26,3 mL x 1 pc;
- Wash buffer – 63 mL x 1 pc;
- Elute buffer – 5,3 mL x 1 pc;
- Magnetic sorbent – 1,1 mL x 1 pc.
«ALPREP-Gel Magnetic» Purification kit (c.n. PG-048M-100, 100 samples):
- Melt buffer – 52,5 mL x 1 pc;
- Wash buffer – 126 mL x 1 pc;
- Elute buffer – 10,5 mL x 1 pc;
- Magnetic sorbent – 2,1 mL x 1 pc.