«ALPREP Forensic» DNA Extraction Kit
Reagent kit for DNA extraction from biological samples «ALPREP Forensic» is designed to extract DNA from most types of forensic samples for subsequent PCR analysis.
Professional use for research purposes, in specialized laboratories of forensic examination institutions / forensic organizations.
- dry and wet blood stains, semen, buccal and skin epithelial cells or tissues collected on cotton buds, paper and other media;
- fragments of hair with bulbs;
- nail plates;
- subungual contents;
- soft tissues (including formalin-fixed and paraffin-embedded);
- epithelial and sperm fractions (after differential lysis);
- adhesive materials (adhesive tapes, postage stamps, envelope flaps, cigarette butts, chewing gum);
- blood on soil particles;
- bone samples.
«ALPREP Forensic» DNA Extraction Kit is designed to extract DNA from 100 biological samples.
|Reaction buffer for ALPREP BTA lysis buffer (for 100 samples)||50 ml x 1 bottle|
The action of «ALPREP Forensic» DNA Extraction Kit is based on the reversible binding of nucleic acid molecules on the surface of magnetic sorbent particles.
Sample is treated with a lysing solution. As a result, cell membranes, biopolymer complexes are destroyed and nucleic acids are released.
At the stage of sorption, the dissolved DNA binds to the sorbent particles, while other components of the lysed biological material remain in solution and then removed during the deposition of the sorbent on a magnetic stand, followed by washing of the sorbent. When the elution buffer is added to the magnetic sorbent, DNA is eluted from the surface of the sorbent into a solution, which is then separated from the sorbent particles by magnetic force. As a result of this procedure, a highly purified DNA is obtained, free from inhibitors, which ensures high analytical sensitivity of the PCR.
«ALPREP Forensic» DNA Extraction Kit is used at the preanalytical stage of the analysis of biological samples. The kit contains reagents that provide excellent extraction of highly purified DNA free of inhibitors.
DNA extraction protocols have been developed for both conventional and complex forensic samples. The protocols are optimized for manual and automatic application. The use of ALPREP BTA lysis buffer allows DNA extraction from bone tissue and teeth.
«ALPREP Forensic» DNA Extraction Kit (Frn-100, for 100 samples):
- Lysis buffer A – 50 ml × 1 bottle;
- Elution buffer – 5 ml × 1 bottle;
- Absorbing buffer – 50 ml × 1 bottle;
- Washing buffer No.1 – 30 ml × 1 bottle;
- Washing buffer No.2 – 60 ml × 1 bottle;
- Magnetic sorbent – 1,6 ml × 1 tube.
- Proteinase K (concentration 20 mg/ml) – 1,6 ml × 1 tube.
Products are certified free of RNase & DNase (Nuclease Free).
The absence of DNase & RNase is tested by real-time PCR by washing product surfaces or incubating swabs in the reagents of the test kit.
Products are certified free of any DNA & RNA.
The absence of trace amounts of any DNA & RNA is verified by real-time PCR.
Products are certified free of human DNA & RNA.
In order to assess the absence of human DNA & RNA, amplification of multi-copy autosomal fragments of different sizes is carried out, allowing a reliable assessment of DNA in the test sample, and amplification of a multi-copy Y‑chromosome fragment to determine sex if it is present.